Our Epic Antarctica Crossing the Circle: Falklands & South Georgia voyage is called so for a reason—it includes all of the major Antarctic highlights you can imagine. From the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) to South Georgia to the Antarctic Peninsula, you will have countless unforgettable moments on this adventure-packed, 23-day voyage.
Start with the Falklands, reminiscent of both sandy Cape Cod and the English moors, home to albatross, dolphins, and five species of penguins. From there, venture to South Georgia where you’ll enter the home of 300,000 breeding king penguins, 50 million other seabirds and 5 million seals, an out of this world viewing. Then, explore the stunning Antarctic Peninsula, and finally cross the Antarctic Circle—a significant milestone for any world traveler.
This itinerary is with Quark Expeditions, a company which operates more ships in the polar regions than any other operator. Their vessels, which are optimised for polar travel, range from 128 to 199 passengers and provide an excellent home base for your polar exploration.
Their fleet features strengthened hulls for superior navigation in ice-packed polar waters and boast exceptional levels of comfort and services. From the brand new 5* Ultramarine, to their refurbished and comfortable 3* ship the Ocean Adventurer or the 4* World Explorer – Quark will ensure your Antarctica adventure is memorable.
Unsure if this Epic Antarctica Crossing the Circle: Falklands & South Georgia itinerary is right for you? Review our Antarctica destination page for full details on seasonality, routes, ship selection, pricing, expedition inclusions and how North South Voyages can help make your Antarctica dream become reality.
Arrive in Buenos Aires
Fly to Ushuaia
Day 4 - 5
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Day 14 - 16
South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Day 17 - 18
Day 19 - 20
Northbound Along the Peninsula
Day 21 - 22
Crossing the Drake Passage
Disembarkation in Ushuaia
Fly to Buenos Aires
- Experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and shore landing and cruising per the daily program – Adventure options Hiking, Polar Plunge and Zodiac cruising
- For Ultramarine departures: Flight seeing aboard
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- Beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
- Group transfer in Ushuaia from airport to pre-expedition hotel on Day 1
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Ushuaia with breakfast
- Group transfer from hotel to ship on embarkation day
- Group departure transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from ship to local airport or to luggage storage facility
- International airfare
- Passport and applicable visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, massage services and other personal charges, unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Adventure options on expeditions (all weather dependent) that are not included in the cost of the voyage (e.g., sea kayaking, camping, etc.)
- Paddling/Sea kayaking
- Stand up Paddle Boarding
- For Ultramarine departures: Alpine Heli trekking & Exclusive Heli Landing
*Note that we will quote flights for you when provided with your desired travel dates. Costs will vary depending on your travel dates.