This Antarctica Polar Circle cruise passes through waters travelled by Humpback, Minke and Fin whales. Anchoring in various spots around the region, the expedition offers the chance to hike, kayak, and dive in the iceberg-heavy waters. Should you arrive at the famous 66°33’S of the Antarctic Circle you’ll join the small members that can claim they have made it this far south.
Oceanwide Expeditions in a fantastic polar expert company that runs ship-based expeditions and are known for being the inventors of Basecamp Antarctica itineraries. Their goal is to take you off the ship and into the action as often as possible, allowing for maximum shore time with activities designed to accommodate a range of experience and fitness levels. Oceanwide strives for close-contact, twice-daily outings on land and at sea (and sometimes below it). Their expert crew and nimble, ice-strengthened ships allow for safe passage, speedy disembarkations, and supremely flexible itineraries. Their fleet includes the smaller and refurbished M/V Ortelius and M/V Plancius as well as the new M/V Hondius.
Unsure if this Antarctica Polar Circle itinerary is right for you? See our Antarctica destination overview for full details on seasonality, routes, ship selection, pricing, expedition inclusions and how North South Voyages can help make your Antarctica dream become reality.
Arrival into Ushuaia
Day 2 - 3
Crossing The Drake Passage
Day 4 - 9
Antarctica Peninsula and Polar Circle
Day 10 - 11
Crossing The Drake Passage
Disembark in Ushuaia
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac and Snowshoeing activity
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes
- Luggage transfer from pick-up point to the vessel on the day of embarkation, in Ushuaia.
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation)
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
*Note that we will quote flights for you when provided with your desired travel dates. Costs will vary depending on your travel dates.