Antarctica21 - Expedition Air-Cruise
Discover this Antarctica & South Georgia Air-Cruise, a remarkable experience through the Antarctic Peninsula, Elephant Island & South Georgia. The expedition sails through nutrient-rich waters and, each day disembarks with expert guides to either hike, snowshoe, or kayak nearby. As the expedition heads to South Georgia, follow in the footsteps of famous Antarctic explorers, like Ernest Shackleton, and learn about their daring southerly adventures. After reaching South Georgia, visit some of the largest king penguin colonies in the world and see the nesting grounds of thousands of albatrosses.
This itinerary is operated by Antarctica21, a Chilean based expedition company who pioneered air-cruise expeditions to Antarctica. They understand all the complexities of ensuring a smooth, safe, enjoyable Antarctica adventure with an expert team who knows the region’s unique geography, natural history, wildlife, and ecology. The expedition company was founded in Punta Arenas, the traditional gateway for the first Antarctic explorers, and it remains an ideal base of operations as they respond to the region’s changing conditions, constantly refining and enhancing their unique Air-Cruise trips.
As a leading boutique Antarctic tour operator, Antarctica21is constantly striving to innovate and develop environmentally-responsible expeditions to the White Continent. No matter which small ship your Air Cruise includes – their newest ship the 4* Magellan Explorer, the Hebridean Sky, or the Ocean Nova – you will be on some of the smallest expedition ships that explore Antarctica with incredibly personalised service.
Unsure if this Antarctica & South Georgia Air-Cruise itinerary is right for you? Read our Antarctica destination overview for full details on seasonality, routes, ship selection, pricing, expedition inclusions and how North South Voyages can help make your Antarctica dream become reality.
Arrival in Punta Arenas
Flight to Antarctica & board cruise
Day 3 - 5
South Shetland Islands & the Antarctic Peninsula
Day 7 - 8
Sailing to South Georgia
Day 13 - 15
Sailing towards South America
At sea and Beagle Channel
Arrival to Ushuaia & disembark
- Group transfers airport/hotel on Day 1
- 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Cabo de Hornos Hotel or similar, with a welcome dinner including drinks on Day 1
- Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island
- Ship cruise along the Antarctic Peninsula and Polar Circle as indicated in the program
- Daily buffet breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes
- Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses
- Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition
- All guided shore excursions
- Lectures and entertainment on board
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica
- International airfares to South America
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the itinerary and the Contingency Plan. Specifically, dinner in Punta Arenas upon return from Antarctica is not included.
- Any optional Activities
- Expedition parka (this can be purchased at an additional cost)
- Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.)
- Laundry, bar, massage services and other personal charges, unless specified
- Visas for Chile and/or Argentina, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Hiking and Snowshoeing Program
- Preferred Seating Program
- Sea Kayaking Program
*Note that we will quote flights for you when provided with your desired travel dates. Costs will vary depending on your travel dates.